Thursday, July 8, 2010
Raspberry Roasted Zucchini Salad
This salad has four main parts:
1. Base of Spinach with Parsley and Dill chopped in
2. Roasted Zucchini
3. Roasted Tofu
4. Raspberries, Goat Cheese, Dressing, and Thyme on top
How to do each:
1. Wash and chop the spinach and herbs, arrange as a base on the plates.
2. Roasted Zucchini can be made ahead of time. Slice zucchini rounds about 1/3 inch thick. Toss them with balsamic vinegar, tahini, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Bake in the oven at 425 until they are browned and roasted. Maybe 30 minutes?
3. Roasted Tofu: Chop a 1 lb block of firm tofu into cubes. Marinate those cubes overnight in a dressing- I used miso ginger. Make a 'bread crumb' mix of 1/3 cup sunflower seeds and 1/3 cup kasha grain (roasted buckwheat) by grinding or cracking the seed and grain together (coffee grinder of high power blender). After it's marinated, drain the tofu and roll it around in the 'bread crumb' mixture. Bake at 400 or so for about 30 minutes until it's golden brown.
~Local raspberries, picked fresh. There's lots of black raspberries growing in Stafford right now.
~Bush Meadow farms has awesome goat cheese for sale on Rt 190 between the farm and 84.
~Fresh thyme is plucked and sprinkled all over the salad
~To make the dressing, combine in a jar with a top: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, honey, dried thyme, sea salt. Shake it up and pour over that salad!
Put all these exciting things on top of the greens and enjoy!