Friday, July 10, 2009

Bacon Kale Recipe


from Ron MacDonald...
I got this from Cooking Light many years ago. I ramp up the bacon, but will post their version.

4 slices of bacon
1 large onion
1 large bunch of kale

Dice 4 strips of bacon and fry in a large saute pan until completely crisp.
Remove the bacon pieces and set aside. Leave the bacon fat in the pan.
Cut the onion into strips and cook in the bacon fat until carmelized.
Clean the kale well and chop. Cook until well wilted in the bacon fat with the onions.
Toss the bacn bits with the kale and serve.

I add or subtract any ingredient depending on availabiliy and mood. If the bacon is very lean, I use more. I sometimes load up on the onions. White beans added at the end work well, too. Basically, this is a base for lots of variations. Enjoy!

Ron

No comments: